Update ROM Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Maguro) with lineage os

So last night I was working on something I don't do very often, upgrade an old phone to a new ROM. Long ago I upgraded my Nexus tablet (2003) to new Cyanogenmod version. That went pretty smooth but I forgot to note all the steps down. So when I wanted to update this old Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Maguro) to a new lineage OS I had to look-up all the steps I had to do. Now to make my life easy I'll just note them down here.
  1. Let's start with installing ADB, Fastboot and drivers (XDA developers)
  2. So I set it all up, got my phone running in Fastboot mode but now I ran into the problem that the command prompt was "Waiting for device" when typing in a command. - I was able to fix this issue by installing the tool "PDA+" (http://pdanet.co/) that works really well. 
  3. So I unlocked my phone by using the command
    Fastboot oem unlock

  4. Now I was able to move on to setting up a recovery tool on my phone. Off course I chose TWRP - Setting it up is explained Here - XDA and the tool you can download Here - TWRP. In Fastboot you can now type the command below which enables TWRP on your (Unlocked) Android device.
    Fastboot flash recovery <Location>\twrp-maguro.2.1.2.img

  5. To use command (Fastboot) to upload files to the phone use the command below
    D:\adb\adb push lineage-13.0-20170513-nightly-maguro-signed.zip /sdcard/
  6. Now wipe everything from your last ROM (factory reset & Dalvik cache) and install the rom. You are all set!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Azure Information Protection (AIP)

Azure IoT Hub

Tiles modern UI