Sentiment e-mail scanner

Just say you want to take action on e-mails that have a negative feel to it. Your doing a bad job and you're getting complaints from people but you actually don't want to see them or take action on them. With the cognitive services from Microsoft you can scan the e-mail and the AI will decide if it's a positive e-mail (1.0) or negative (0.0).

I hooked up the sentiment scanner to my Flow to scan my e-mails in Office 365. If I got a new e-mail I would get a notification from the Flow App on my phone telling me of the score (Between 1.0 (positive) and 0.0 (negative)). Pretty cool!

Set-up can be a little complicated especially the cognitive service. Go to: Cognitive service and log-in with you Microsoft account to subscribe for a trial license. Add the key to the Flow to enable it.




Now the fun part is the testing! So I sent myself bad e-mails:

1. Damn Alex you are not doing good work at this moment! - Score: 0.834
2. F*** you Alex you S*** big time! - Score 0.6453


So I'm getting there but you have to be very aggressive to get the score to 0.0 hahaha. Next step I want to do is add this data to a PowerBi dashboard, cool!


Update:

I put the data into a PowerBI dashboard, thanks to some help from this site: PowerBI and Flow. I created the following:
  1. A workspace
  2. In the workspace I added a streaming dataset 
  3. That streaming dataset I connected to Microsoft Flow
  4. The streaming dataset I put into a dashboard to show the data visually



Don't worry all the steps are in the link "PowerBI and Flow" at the top.

Once I got the data into PowerBI I could create a Gauge showing me how the sentiment is at this moment. 




They all love me they sure do, almost a 1.00! Ok the gauge is not 100% correct but hey you get the idea. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Azure Information Protection (AIP)

Tiles modern UI

Azure Active Directory (AAD)